Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe for both those who eat liver ... and those who won't.
Make and share this Calf Liver Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 lb calf liver, cut into strips then floured
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat the oil.
- Fry garlic and onions until softened.
- Add mushrooms, and brown lightly.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add liver to pan and fry for a few minutes.
- Return vegetables to pan.
- Add the stock and wine.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and mustard.
This was so much better than the old stand by of just plain liver and onions. We had no oil, so I just used bacon to cook the liver in and it turned out fantastic!