Recipe by *Pixie*
I put the liver in the milk to soak before I go to work, so it is ready to use when I get home. A little extra soaking in the fridge doesn't seem to hurt.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs calf liver (1/2-inch thick pieces)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat (if not enough add butter to make 3 tbsp)
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the liver into serving size pieces.
- Put in a bowl and pour the milk on top.
- Make sure liver is throughly coated then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, reserving fat.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, curry and paprika.
- Remove the liver from the milk and roll in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat the bacon fat/butter in a nonstick frying pan at a medium heat until hot (light brown colour at this point).
- Fry the liver in the butter for 5 minutes on each side, lower heat if browning too quickly.
- Turn only once.
- Remove to platter.
- Pour the cream into the frying pan and add the parsley and bacon.
- Stir over medium heat until hot and bubbly.
- Pour over liver.