Chef Jeff Garland's Note:
A great recipe for a change in the normal liver and onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a casserole dish place liver and cover with milk use more if necessary. Refrigerate 1 hour minimum. Do not skip this step!
- 2In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Cook and stir onions until tender, about 7 minutes.
- 3Remove liver from milk. Discard milk. Sprinkle liver slices with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet. Brown liver slices, turning once, for 5 minutes.
- 4Pour in mushrooms with their liquid. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce, and continue simmering another 8 to 10 minutes. Serve. Don't forget the creamed potatoes!
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calf Liver and Onions in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.8
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 460.3 mg
- Sodium 477.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: