Recipe by Rita~
The Bright Calendula (Calendula officinalis) is also know as the pot marigold. (Not to be confused with regular mariglods). This flower is versatile and potent in its' medicinal qualities. Having antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used to soothe and calm sore, cracked skin, cuts, bites, sunburns and generally sensitive skin. Used for massages. Or to make lip balms or body creams.
- 311.84 g safflower oil (all organic) or 311.84 g almond oil (all organic) or 311.84 g olive oil (all organic) or 311.84 g lard (all organic) or 311.84 g sunflower oil (all organic)
- 14.79 ml vitamin E, as a preservative
- 236.59 ml dried organic calendula flowers
- 10-15 sprig organic dried lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- Slowly bring oils to heat over a low flame in a small pot. Stove top not microwave oven.
- Place flowers into a sterilized jar and pour warmed oil over them. Place cap on jar.
- Place jar on counter top for 2 weeks giving a slight shake daily.
- Strain through cheesecloth squeezing all the oil into a sterilized jar.
- Use as is or make a salve or lip balm with the oil.
- Store in a dark cabinet.
- Lasting about 4 months.