Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A citrus cake with flowers.
Make and share this Calendula and Orange Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 5 eggs
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup calendula flowers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate eggs and beat whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Cream butter and sugar together and add egg yolks, lemon rind, orange rind, sour cream and yogurt. Blend till smooth.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites and calendula petals.
- Butter and flour an angel food cake pan then pour in cake batter.
- Bake for 60 minute.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 10 min, before removing to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
- Combine orange juice, Grand Marnier, lemon juice, and1/4 cup granulated sugar in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 3 minute.
- Pour hot syrup over cooled cake and garnish with calendula petals.