Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my dear MIL recipe that my DH always loved as a child and still does.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb hamburger
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces egg noodles (use only half of bag)
- sharp cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a large deep skillet chop up onion and brown in oil.
- Add the ground beef and crumble.
- Cook until done and drain off oil.
- Add butter, tomato sauce and water.
- Stir until combined.
- Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add half of bag of egg noodles and stir.
- Cook on low heat until noodles are done.
- Put in a casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven at 350°F until cheese has melted.
- Serve hot with French or garlic bread.
This was good but I think next time I will use less butter (if at all). Not sure it really needed it. Good comfort food :)