Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband's favourite soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chorizo sausage, cut into cubes and fried in a dry pan
- 8 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 6 cups collard greens, cut into slivers
- Sautee onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add potato and water. Boil until potato is soft.
- Mash potato.
- Add boullion cube and fried chorizo.
- Add collards and boil until the collards are emerald green in colour.