Caldo De Res (Mexican Beef Stew)
- In a large stock pot add the beef shanks, onion, tomato, garlic cloves, bouillon cubes, celery salt, and salt.
- Bring to a low boil and cook for 4 hours covered.
- Add the green beans, carrots, potatoes, and chayote and cook covered for an additional 15 minutes on medium heat.
- While the stew is cooking wrap your corn in paper towels and microwave on high for 4 minutes (if in the husk leave the husk on while cooking the corn) peel the husk and silk off and cut the corn cob into thirds.
- Add the cabbage, corn, cilantro, and zucchini and cook covered for another 10 minutes or until the zucchini is cooked and tender.
- Serve in large bowls with slices of lime and corn tortillas on the side.
- Note: I also serve this with chile de arbol which I have posted on this site as well.