Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is just a concoction I came up with based off reading other recipes and watching my MIL using what I had around, I am mostly just seeing the calories on it.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes
- 4 -6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican chili powder
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, thin sliced
- Brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Peel carrots and potatoes and chop all veggies to the size you like.
- Drain off fat and add everything but cabbage to pot and boil until vegetables are cooked.
- Add cabbage and simmer for 4-5 minutes.