2 hrs 20 mins
philip collins's Note:
South Texas style- the only time i can find caldo de pollo cooked this way is when i go to south Texas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onions in large chunks and chop cilantro.
- 2put chicken in a very large pot. I cut the legs off of the thighs.
- 3Cover with water.
- 4Add bouillon cubes.
- 5Bring to a boil
- 6Add whole garlic cloves, onions, salt,and cilantro.
- 7Lower heat and simmer 1 hour and fifteen minutes.
- 8While chicken cooks peel and cut potatoes into large pieces.
- 9Cut zucchini and squash into 1.5 inch slices.
- 10Cut celery into 1 inch pieces.
- 11Quarter the cabbage.
- 12Cut corn into 3 inch pieces.
- 13Remove any fat at this point if you wish and you can take skins off chicken.
- 14Add potatoes and corn cook for 20 minutes.
- 15Add squash, zucchini,and celery cook 10 minutes.
- 16Add cabbage and cook for 15 more mins or until cabbage and squash are soft.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caldo De Pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.6
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 136.3 mg
- Sodium 1400.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g