Happy Hippie's Note:
Another family favorite from my "Low Fat Mexican Recipes." Chicken soup is not only good for your soul, but good for your body too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, bone-in
- 8 cups water
- 2 chilies (Anaheim or New Mexico)
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 stalks celery, diced in large pieces
- 4 carrots, sliced in large pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 zucchini, sliced in large pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pot, cover chicken breasts with water and bring to a boil.
- 2Cook for 10 minutes, skimming off any fat that floats to the surface.
- 3Add seeded and diced chiles (be sure to wear rubber gloves and don't touch your face).
- 4Add onion, celery, carrots, bay leaf and seasonings.
- 5Reduce heat, cover pot and simer for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken, debone and add back to pot.
- 7Add zucchini, salt and pepper.
- 8continue simmering until vegetables are tender.
- 9Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caldo De Pollo (Chicken Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 125.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 28.6 g