1/2 Photos of Caldo De Hongos
This is a delicious, very simple soup with great flavors. It is largely broth/water-based with some easy ingredients to add flavor. You can decrease the amount of jalapeno if you'd prefer it to be a bit milder (or remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapenos). I received this from a friend at my bridal shower. This is the basic recipe, but you could always add more to the soup if you wanted to make it heartier or use it as an entree - another 1 lb of mushrooms works well, or some shredded chicken, beans, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions and saute for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- 2Stir in jalapenos and mushrooms and cover pot, reducing heat to low.
- 3Let vegetables sweat for about 10 minutes, or until softened and juices are released from the mushrooms.
- 4Add water or broth, salt and pepper to taste, and cilantro.
- 5Bring to a boil, then serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caldo De Hongos
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g