Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in the World Hearth recipe collection and changed it slightly. Here for safekeeping and to get the nutritional information. I haven't tried it. It was highly rated on that site.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 large red potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium jicama, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups corn (or hominy)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cups broth
- Brown beef and sausage with salt in a medium stew pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, or until potatoes and jicama are cooked through.