Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This wonderful salad is served at the Steinbeck House in Salinas, California where author John Steinbeck was born. A lovely luncheon recipe! Serve on lettuce lined plates or on circles of peeled cantaloupe with lettuce leaves. From 'World Wide Recipes' cookbook. http://www.steinbeckhouse.com/
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins, steamed
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup banana (barely ripe)
- 1 cup red apple, unpeeled and diced
- 1 cup canned pineapple, diced (juice packed, NOT sugar packed or fresh)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup chutney
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 5 pieces coconut (to garnish)
- Stir together all ingredients, except garnishes, very gently, smoothing out top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve on lettuce lined plate or on circles of peeled cantaloupe with lettuce leaves.
- Garnish as desired. Serve as a main dish with bread.