Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This blend of fresh herbs is safe for children and is calcium-rich. I mix it with my 3 yo's juice and he hasn't noticed. I make 2 quarts, add honey and cool for ice tea. Serving size depends on how much you decide to make.
- 3⁄4 cup rose hips
- 1⁄2 cup lemon balm
- 1⁄2 cup oat straw
- 1⁄4 cup nettles
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry leaf
- 1⁄2 ceylon cinnamon stick, crushed into pieces
- 1 pinch stevia
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and keep in air-tight, glass, stainless steel or ceramic container. If stored properly, it will last 3-6 months.
- Use the soft stick cinnamon, as it crushes better.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp per single serving (6-8 oz water.).
- If you want to make a larger amount in a pot, boil the amount of water and then add 1 1/2 tsp PER SERVING to the water.
- Turn off the heat and let steep for 10-20 minutes (I usually do 20).
- Strain, add sweetener and place in a pitcher to cool in the fridge (or drink as hot tea.)
- Or, make up as a gift by putting the herb blend in a pretty container.