Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This tea is made from fresh herbs and is for adults only. I will submit a similar one suitable for children. I haven't made it bcz I make the other one, but I mix the herbs and boil 2 quarts worth at a time, strain, add honey, cool and keep it in the fridge for cold tea. Servings are based on how much you decide to make.
- 1⁄4 cup tea leaves (horsetail or shavegrass)
- 1⁄4 cup nettles
- 1⁄4 cup oat straw
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix and keep in air-tight, glass, stainless steel or ceramic container. If stored properly, it will last 3-6 months.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp per single serving (6-8 oz water.).
- If you want to make a larger amount in a pot, boil the amount of water and then add 1 1/2 tsp PER SERVING to the water.
- Turn off the heat and let steep for 10-20 minutes (I usually do 20).
- Strain, add sweetener and place in a pitcher to cool in the fridge (or drink as hot tea.).
- Or, make up as a gift by putting the herb blend in a pretty container.