Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Got this recipe from a bag of Calavo avocados. Tried this recipe for a graduation open house and got rave reviews. The original recipe did not call for garlic, but since my family loves garlic I added it. This can be served as a dip with chips or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish, with Mexican entrees or as a side-dish salad.
- 4 avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped, stems discarded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Comine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Cooking time is refrigerator time.
- Eight cup yield is approximate.
Nice and colourful! I added some salsa from a jar after tasting, for some extra flavour.
We really enjoyed this served with Tortilla chips for our 4th of July. The combination was wonderful, although I only used about a 1/4 cup of the cilantro for personal preference. I also added the juice of one more lime because I love the flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for your win in the Summer Spectacular 09. :)
Oh Yum. I made this yesterday and just could not stop eating it. Instead of canned corn, I used frozen thawed corn using DeeCooks tip. I also tweaked with smoked garlic, which added another layer of flavor. Beautiful and delicious! Thanks, Lori!