Recipe by mell_2
This recipe comes from Mrs MacKinnon. She used to make this cake when they would spend their winters in Florida. A family favourite!
Top Review by Andi the grate
We love this cake. I made this with the calamondins from my yard. I made the puree by removing the seeds and grinding the fruits up in the blender. I didn't like the glaze, thought it was a bit too bitter from the rind. But my husband loved it. I remade the glaze with the juice from a couple of fruits and some powdered sugar, then drizzled that on the cake and my husband put the original on his slice. The cake was really delicious and moist, the ground up rind didn't hurt it at all.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup kumquat puree or 1⁄2 cup calamondin puree
- 4 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup kumquat puree or 1⁄4 cup calamondin puree
- 1 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Grease a 9-inch Bundt cake pan.
- Combine the cake mix, jello and milk together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, oil and puree. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon batter in prepared pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- To prepare the Glaze combine all the ingredients and spoon over warm cake.