Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm really loving couscous lately and I was trying to think of a flavorful way to prepare it! Well, this is just what I was looking for! I created this by combining all the flavors I knew I would love with couscous! It worked perfectly! I hope you'll try it next time your craving couscous!
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup calamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Heat chicken broth in a microwave safe dish on high for about 2 minutes or til boiling.
- Remove from microwave and add couscous. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, saute garlic and onion in a small skillet with the olive oil. Saute a few minutes til softened. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine the sauteed onions and garlic and all the remaining ingredients with the couscous. Stir together and serve warm.