Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
We love Calarami Steaks, this is my recipe that I have been making for Years & Years. They cook fast do not over cook. I usually cook them after we have had our salad, and have everything else ready. Enjoy.
- Use a big skillet, place oil in skillet.
- Beat eggs in shallow bowl.
- Put flour in another shallow pan.
- Seasoned bread crumbs in another pan.
- Salt and pepper Calamari steaks, dip first into flour then into egg, then in to seasoned bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot skillet,turn when brown on first side, brown on other side.
- These COOK FAST-- DO NOT OVER COOK as they will get TOUGH.
I had 2 calamari steaks last night that we had just bought. Came into recipezaar and found your recipe. I used some seasoned breadcrumbs along with some seasoned Panko crumbs and my DH could only go yummmmmmm! I cooked them about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side and I have to admit they were fantastic...thank you for a great recipe!
Simply tasteful and delicious. I ask myself why I never tried calamari steaks at home! My husban and I just loved this simple recipe.
These were delicious! Followed exactly except cut the recipe in half. I also added a dash of hot sauce. The only way I'll cook calamari!