Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender breaded fried calamari steak topped with a basil cream sauce.
Make and share this Calamari Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 calamari steak
- 1 cup progresso breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy cream, mixed 1/3 with
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons pecorino romano cheese (parmesan)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch chopped fresh basil (so its in strips)
- 20 capers
- 3 kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon onion
- salt and pepper
- marinara sauce, maybe 1/8 cup (enough to make sauce pinkish)
- oil, to create shallow fry in a medium pan
- in a small bowl beat egg, 1/4 cup of cream mixture, dried oregano, dried basil, chili flakes, one tablespoons parmesan cheese, and pinch salt pepper.
- Dry the calamari steak and dip into the mixture.
- Place calamari steak in bread crumbs and coat with crumbs pressing the crumbs into the steak with heel of hand until well attached.
- Heat oil in medium frying pan.
- Fry calamari steak until golden brown on both sides, steak is now cooked.
- In a separate pan saute onions, capers, and olives.
- When done, add remaining cream mixture, Gorgonzola cheese, remaining parmesan, fresh basil, lemon juice, and marinara sauce, please salt to taste.
- When sauce is thick either heat calamari steak in oven for 1 minute or add hot sauce over the top, and eat!