Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
An excellent antipasto or summer lunch dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh squid, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch circles
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Blanche the squid circles in boiling water until the circles curl (30-60 seconds or exactly as long as it takes to say a Hail Mary).
- Drain and place the squid, onions and celery in a large bowl.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and toss.
- Chill for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
Absolutely delicious! Tripled the recipe for my son's Christening and they finished the lot! Everyone wanted the recipe afterwards. Thanks for posting this jem!
Yum Yum. I was skeptical because I had never cooked calamari at home but now it will become a favorite.
Great... I used fresh lime juice and fresh clintro along with less oregano. Added a small amout of hot pepper! GREAT! There are many ways to change this up... A great recipe!