1/1 Photo of Calamari Mediterranean
This is a really nice way to prepare calamari as opposed to frying it. Make sure you have plenty of french bread to mop up the juices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 cups calamari
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili, chopped
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1In a hot saute pan add the oil, garlic and calamari.
- 2Saute for 1 min then add the capers, cumin, red pepper flakes, chopped ancho chili and diced tomatoes. Cook for another minute.
- 3Add the white wine and lime juice and then simmer for 4 minutes.
- 4Finish by adding the chopped parsley, salt and butter.
- 5Reduce until sauce thickens.
- 6Serve with French bread.
You Might Also Like...View All Octopus Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calamari Mediterranean
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 267.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: