Recipe by ChefDebs
This is a really nice way to prepare calamari as opposed to frying it. Make sure you have plenty of french bread to mop up the juices.
Top Review by jpkgo
Spectacular! And I didn't have the parsely, ancho chili or white wine! Used a couple tablespoons of white wine vinegar instead. Used about half the pepper flakes and 2/3 of the cumin. <br/><br/>I didn't squeeze the raw calamari completely dry and think that made for an even more flavorful sauce. Wonderful to sop with the baguette!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 cups calamari
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili, chopped
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a hot saute pan add the oil, garlic and calamari.
- Saute for 1 min then add the capers, cumin, red pepper flakes, chopped ancho chili and diced tomatoes. Cook for another minute.
- Add the white wine and lime juice and then simmer for 4 minutes.
- Finish by adding the chopped parsley, salt and butter.
- Reduce until sauce thickens.
- Serve with French bread.