Not your ordinary fried squid! Serve over pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs calamari, tubes and tentacles (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups fish stock or 2 cups clam juice or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups lightly packed fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1Cut calamari tubes into 1/4-inch-thick rings.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 3Add calamari rings and tentacles, broth, and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- 4Add spinach, olives, and pine nuts; simmer 8 minutes or until spinach wilts.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calamari Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.7 mg
- Sodium 675.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 13.2 g