Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Coastal Living.
- 1 lb fresh squid (or frozen, thawed and drained)
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- toasted baguette, slices
- Cut squid tubes into rings.
- Blanch in boiling water to cover 30 seconds or until opaque. (Water doesn't have to return to a rolling boil.) Don't overcook or squid will become tough.
- Plunge in ice water to chill. Drain.
- Combine squid, mangoes, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, and olive oil. Stir in cilantro and next 3 ingredients. Fold in squid mixture.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Top baguette slices with salad, using a slotted spoon.