Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love calamari, you will LOVE this one! Light, flavorful and super delicious! I sub 1/2 and 1/2 for the cream and still love it as much! The original recipe was for 1/2 pound of pasta but I increase the pasta to 1 pound without increasing the other ingredients because my family doesn't like things as "saucy". If yours does, either 1/2 the pasta or double the sauce!
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 ounces squid, cleaned and cut into rings and tentacles
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 cherry peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic, and cook for a few seconds until it turns golden brown. Stir in the squid, and cook until it turns white. Pour in white wine and cherry pepper slices; bring to a simmer, and cook until the wine is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into the cream, and add to the simmering calamari. Season with red pepper flakes, basil, salt, and pepper; stir until thickened. To serve, toss pasta with sauce, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I am making this dish for the second time tonight! My husband actually said he must have it again! The first time I made it, which was not even a week ago, he said it was the best thing he ever tasted w/ squid! I loved not only how great it tastes but how simple it is to make and I really don't need to run to the store for last minute pick-ups as I already keep everything needed in my house!!! I also used half and half as well! Thanks for sharing!!!