1/1 Photo of Calamari for a King
An Italian Jew, but Irish!'s Note:
This is the only way to make calamari that will satisfy a true Italian. the sauce you serve it with is your choice, but I recommend a marinara or wine based sauce, or none at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the squid, separate the tentacles, and cut the tubes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, and white wine. put the cut squid(including tentacles) into it and let it sit for two hours in refrigerator(covered).
- 3Drain the squid and tentacles in colander. pat all dry. toss all in flour with salt and pepper mixed in, shaking off excess.
- 4In batches, drop all into hot fat for 30-45 seconds.
- 5Drain all on paper towel. keep warm in oven while you cook the rest.
- 6Serve with hot marinara or sauce of your choice.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calamari for a King
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5670.8
- Calories from Fat 5360
- Total Fat 595.5 g
- Saturated Fat 283.0 g
- Cholesterol 959.4 mg
- Sodium 1224.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 28.0 g