Recipe by Bad Acid
We have a really nice italian resteraunt close by that served a Non Breaded, delicious calamari. It was spicy and flavorful and after some trial and error I think we've found it.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 hot cherry peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb squid ring, Thaw and dried (I usually just buy the frozen bulk rings)
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the garlic.
- For the cherry peppers, remove the stems and the seeds - Mince. When I did it, not only did I dice them, but ran my knife through multiple times till it had almost become a paste.
- Using a nonstick pan, add the oil and garlic and turn to low heat.
- Allow that to cook for about 5 min then add the minced cherry peppers.
- Stir and cook until the garlic just begins to brown.
- Turn up the heat to medium high and add the calamari.
- Toss/saute to coat and keep the heat up as you add the totmato sauce.
- As it begins to boil add the dried basil and parsley and wine. Stir to combine, then turn it down to a simmer for about 5-10 minute.
- The sauce should take a more liquid consistancy.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.