Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I watched Paula Deen make this on TV today and it is on my list of recipes to make- Soon! Time does not include 2 hours inactive prep time while calamari soaks in buttermilk.
- Clean and soak calamari in buttermilk for 2 hours before cooking. Drain well.
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge calamari with flour until each ring separates easily from others. Put in sifter and shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil and fry calamari until golden brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- Start with 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. When butter is melted, add peppers and tomatoes. Deglaze with lemon juice. Add remaining butter and scallions. Toss.
- Add calamari and toss. Serve.