Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very light and elegant salad. Serve with crusty french bread and wine for a Mediterranean feast! Also popularly served as an appetizer or "tapa."
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded
- 1⁄2 lb cooked calamari, cut in rings (boiled in salted water just until tender, about 2 minutes...as soon as they turn white) or 1 (1 lb) calamari, cleaned and sliced into rings, tentacles left whole, then cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Finely dice onion, tomato and peppers.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper until combined.
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and chill for an hour before serving.
- For a prettier salad, arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter, top with salad and garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
- Note: You may substitute any seafood for the calamari--octopus sliced on the diagonal are really good, shrimp, scallops, mussels, or even a mixture of seafood.