Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe, as well as I can reconstruct it, came from and old favorite restaurant of mine, Rancho de la Luna. Unfortunately, it burned down over 20 years ago.
- 16 small squid
- 2 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice of, fresh squeezed
- 4 sprigs chopped cilantro
- 1 sprig fresh lemon mint, finely chopped (optional)
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- fresh spinach leaves (or green leaves of your choice)
- May also be served on a bed of wild rice cooked with chicken stock.
- If not already cleaned, clean the squid.
- Place 3 1 1/2- 2 inch cuts across the bodies and cut the them lengthwise into in 2 or 3 strips.
- Combine the lime (or lemon), olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lemon mint (if used), salt and pepper and add to squid.
- Marinate refrigerated for 2 hours.
- Preheat a wok, or frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the squid for 25 seconds on each side.
- Serve on a bed of fresh spinach leaves or green leaf of your choice.