Recipe by boerbabe
A Christmas cookie recipe given to my Grandmother years ago. We have made them for everyone every year since, and have people beggin to buy them. This recipe does require a lot of work, so keep that in mind... but the pay-off is worth it!
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 lb butter (NOT margerine)
- 5 1⁄2-6 cups flour
- powdered sugar
Choice of fillings
- chopped nuts or cranberries or chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese and butter together by hand.
- Add flour in, one cup at a time.
- Seperate into balls, and refrigerate overnight until solid.
- Roll out onto powered sugar, paper thin.
- Cut into strips 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide.
- Then cut diagonaly, leaving the pieces large enough to wrap the fillings in.
- Place filling on end of piece, then roll up.
- Put in oven at 350° F, until golden brown.
- When cookies come out, let cool.
- Pour some powdered sugar into a bowl, and put cookies into bowl.
- Cover with more powered sugar, and gently mix to coat.