Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pizza originally has a double layer of dough, but I like it better this way.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package pizza crust mix
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- extra olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 4 ounces salami, chopped
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the pizza crust as directed on the package. Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet with a little olive oil. Roll the pizza crust dough out to fit the pan.
- In a skillet, saute the bell peppers in the 4 tablespoons olive oil until they are tender. Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Season the pizza crust dough with the salt and pepper. Spread the ricotta all over the dough. Then add the tomato sauce, eggs, Italian seasoning, and the bell pepper mixture. Put chopped salami on top, then the grated mozzarella.
- Let the pizza rise about 30 minutes.
- Prick the pizza with a fork about 20 times. Cook 35-40 minutes. Serve hot.