Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember where I got the recipe from, but it has been my family's favourite meatball recipe for years.Feel free to use any pasta sauce you have, either store bought or homemade, but keep in mind these meatballs have a lovely lemony, parmesany flavour and a really herby sauce may detract from that.
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 500 g pork mince
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, extra
- 750 ml pasta sauce
- 500 g pasta
- Place bread in bowl, add milk and 2 tbl oil, set aside 15 minutes or until absorbed.
- Toss bread mix, 2 cloves of garlic, mince, salt, juice and zest of the lemon, extra oil, parmesan and parsley in mixing bowl; mix well.
- Shape into balls cover and chill.
- Cook balls in pasta sauce for 15 minutes. Or until cooked through -- this may depend on the size of t he meatballs you decide to make . You can use any bottled pasta sauce or use one of your favourite homemade ones.
- Put over pasta.
Yes I agree, this is a fabulous recipe that I have handed down to my family...it's from a family circle magazine and show many years ago..the presenter was a chef called Joanne Calabria.
I ended up with some pork mince and had no idea what to do with it, this recipe was quite good, my husband and I both liked it and finished all that was on our plates but I don't know that I would make it again, it just didn't have that wow factor for us. The flavour was good and it was nice for something different and a great way of using pork mince.
This is what I call a WOW recipe they were so good,we loved them will make often thanks.