Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious Mexican Squash Casserole
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion
- 4 medium zucchini
- 12 ounces niblett corn (drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies or 2 fresh peeled chilies
- grated cheddar cheese or monterey jack cheese or longhorn cheese
- In a large heavy skillet, saute the onion, garlic, and zucchini in oil. discard the garlic. Mix in drained corn, chopped chiles, and salt. Cover tightly and heat through. Mix in cheese and serve.
- There is also another way to use above ingredients but with a little flour and a cup of either canned or whole milk added to the mixture. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake.
- 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. I like this one best.
Fabulous recipe. . .and very easy to make.