Chef #208121's Note:
A dessert for Day of the Dead in Mexico
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pumpkin into medium (2½" to 3" squares or triangles). Remove seeds and strings. With a sharp knife make diamond designs over the pulp.
- 2Put the sugar in a pan with the cinnamon, orange juice, and water. Bring to a boil and stir until the piloncillo has dissolved.
- 3Place the first layer of pieces of pumpkin upside down so they absorb as much juice as possible. The second layer should be with the pulp upwards. Cover and simmer.
- 4When ready the top of the pumpkin pieces should look somewhat glazed, and the pulp soft and golden brown.
- 5Let cool and serve with the syrup. You can also add cold evaporated milk.
- 6Note time is a guess. Go by how the pumpkin looks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calabaza En Tacha
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 49.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 113.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g