1/6 Photos of Calabaza Con Pollo
Chef #393425's Note:
This is a wonderful chicken and vegetable dish that I grew up with in Texas. I believe it is very healthy and filling. When served with mexican rice this dish is killer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chicken thighs (or whatever you like but I don't recommend breast)
- 1 calabaza squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 tomato
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Wash chicken and boil until cooked, set aside.
- 2Wash all the squash, cut up into cubes, set aside.
- 3Wash tomato, cut up into cubes, set aside.
- 4Cut onion into cubes, set aside.
- 5Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin in a bowl, set aside.
- 6Get a large pan, add 2 tbs cooking oil, tomato, cubed squash and cubed onion.
- 7On medium high heat sautee for approximately 10 minutes or until you can see that everything is nice and tender.
- 8Add drained corn.
- 9Add tomato sauce.
- 10Add dry spice mixture.
- 11Add chicken.
- 12Add 2 cups chicken broth from chicken boil.
- 13Gently mix all the ingredients to coat everything well.
- 14Cover and let simmer on medium heat for approximately 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Calabaza Con Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: