Recipe by Mommy Diva
A delightful New Mexican dish from the Bueno website. Love their chile products - SO wish we could get them out here!!! ** Note that the recipe calls for Bueno Brand frozen Green Chile, but Zaar did not recognize this at the time.
Top Review by loof
Tasty and easy squash recipe! I used calabacitas and they were quite good with the corn and the green chili. We enjoyed this as a side dish but I think it would make a great enchilada filling too. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped (not peeled)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) containerfrozen green chili peppers, BUENO Brand
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over low heat in a non-stick skillet. Sauté onion in oil.
- Add zucchini and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to green chile and add to zucchini mixture.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 8 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Enjoy! ;).