- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 zucchini or 2 yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped New Mexico green chilies, roasted, peeled, stems removed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the butter until nearly tender, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until squash is tender.
- Top with the grated cheese and heat until the cheese is melted.
- Serve as a side dish or in flour tortillas smothered in green chili and topped with more grated cheese.