Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this one a number of years ago in Texas Highways. I wanted to save safely. This originally was adapted from The Melting Pot: Ethnic Cuisine in Texas. Zucchini can be substituted for the mexican squash.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 ears fresh corn or 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mexican squash
- salt and pepper
- Brown pork in hot oil in a large skillet; drain.
- Stir in tomato, onion, bell pepper, garlic and cumin. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn, squash and salt. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.