Recipe by Jostlori
From "Tapas" by Adrian Lissen. Translated from spanish. I haven't tried this recipe, but it sounds wonderful and easy to make. It calls for ground lamb, but am sure it would taste equally good with ground pork or beef.
- 4 small squash (try zucchini)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 12 mint leaves, minced
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut both ends of the squash. Cook squash in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and, using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft. Add lamb, bacon, salt, pepper and mix well. Add the tomato paste, sugar, garlic and water.
- Cook until the meat has cooked through, using a spoon to break it apart.
- Add the tomato, yogurt and mint. Mix well.
- Place squash in a baking pan and fill each one with the meat mixture. Sprinkle each with the parmesan cheese and some pepper.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinle each squash with the chopped parsley and serve.