Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are very, very yummy! They are juicy from the pears and so chocolatey good! Mmmm! This recipe originally was meant to make a cake, but I liked it better as a muffin. Naturally this means that the dough is stiffer and the muffins come out more cake like. I hope you enjoy!
- 160 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225 g flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml cocoa powder
- 2 pears, diced (use ripe ones)
- 50 g chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk chocolate and white)
- Cream butter and both sugars in a big bowl for about 5 minutes. Beat in each egg separately.
- In a nother bowl combine flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet carefully.
- Fold in pears and chocolate chips. The dough will be very cake like.
- Fill into prepared muffin tins and bake in the preheated oven at 190Â°C/375Â°F for about 20-30 minutes.
Excellent Muffins Lalaloula, I really enjoy making muffins for Little Miss (DD), so when I seen this recipe I knew it would be right. Little Miss loves chocolate and I like pear. I cooked them for 20 mins in a 180oC oven. Thank you Lalaloula for posting your recipe
What a great twist on muffins! I loved the chocolate chips and pears together. The muffin batter was really thick, but they turned into gorgeous muffins. I might chop my pears a little smaller next time and double the cocoa powder just to darken the muffin a little more, but really good as written!
These were great!!! I loved the juicy bits of pear that were in every bite it was a very nice touch indeed. Like Lalaloula said these do come out more like a cake than a muffin but I actually really like that. They are not for the faint heart as they are very rich and so chocolatey but that could also be because I used my Texas muffin tin instead so the muffins were huge. I used the mixed chocolate option going with white and milk chocolate drops and I really liked them this way. I also love how crunchy the muffin tops were I never usually get that much crunch when I make other muffin recipes. I am guessing that it was this way because of being more of a cake mixture but it was delicious. A great cake/muffin recipe loula and I will definitely be making these again. Yummy!!!!