Polar Bear's Note:
This is an authentic Chilean recipe, makes great gifts ! Everyone who goes to Chile wont forget this. Posted upon request, taken from www.cakecentral.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- 4Blend in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- 5Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- 6The dough will be stiff like a cookie dough.
- 7Divide the dough into 10 pieces and shape into balls.
- 8Roll each ball into a 9 inch circle.
- 9Place on cookie sheets and prick with a fork in several places.
- 10Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 11Set aside.
- 12Make the Caramel Filling: In a sauce pan, boil the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours.
- 13Monitor the water closely, to make sure there is always water in the pan.
- 14Remove can from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 15In a small measuring cup, combine the brandy and water.
- 16Place one cookie layer on serving plate.
- 17Sprinkle with brandy mixture, then spread with the now thickened condensed milk.
- 18Sprinkle with nuts.
- 19Continue stacking until all layers are used.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cakes With Nuts from Chile (torta De Mil Hojas)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.8
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 252.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 12.4 g