Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Children and adults alike will love these cones and they are so simple to make.
- 517.37 g box chocolate cake mix (or flavor of your choice) or 561.32 g box brownie mix
- 24 flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 can frosting, of your choice (I use cream cheese frosting)
- chocolate sprinkles (or any type of sprinkles you desire)
- Prepare cake mix or brownie mix according to pkg directions.
- Fill each cone about 3/4 full of batter, up to first ridge in cones.
- Place cones in the cups of a cupcake pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Bake@ 400 degrees fr 15-18 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
This is a real crowd pleasure for children. I have made this for my children's birthday parties and for parties in my child's class. I have used cake with sprinkles in it with cream cheese icing and more sprinkles on top. I also have made the cone look like a fountain drink by cutting a straw into thirds and sticking it in for a pool party. Give this recipe a try!
I made the Texas Sheath Cake for these. I was a little nervous about the cone in the oven, didn't want them to burn. The cone held up wonderfully, no changes or burning. Topped the cake off with some peanut butter chocolate sauce, whipped cream, chopped peanuts and a cherry. They looked great! Thank you!