Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I tried these when I was a kid, and loved them--that was years ago. They are great for kids bake sales or just for a crowd of hungry kids.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 24 flat bottomed ice cream cones
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce colored candy sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, fill each cone 3/4 way full of batter (up to first ridge), place cones in the cups of muffin tin or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Place 10 chocolate chips on warm cone and in 1-2 minutes spread melted chocolate, add sprinkles.
- Instead of putting chocolate chips on top of cone, I use homemade frosting and add sprinkles.
These were a lot of fun! My seven-year-old and I had a lot of fun frosting and decorating these. We will definately make these agin real soon. Thank you!
Served these to a bunch of adults for a laugh at a dessert part I had and they went over very well. I can see how kids would love them. Next time I'll spike the cake mix with rum!! Thanks Danielle
I have made these several times for school parties. They are a huge hit with the kids. A lot less messy than a cupcake due to the kids being able to hold them by the cone. Thanks for posting.