1/2 Photos of Cake With Green Tomatoes and Cream Cheese Frosting
1 hr 25 mins
This cake needs green tomatoes. It has a cream cheese frosting which looks so yummy. This is from Ricardo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups green tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sultana raisin
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1In a bowl, sprinkle half sugar and half salt on tomatoes. Let rest 15 minutes. Put in the blender and reduce in a smooth puree. Add raisins and set aside.
- 2Put the rack in the center of the oven. Preheat at 350°F Butter an 8 inch spring form pan. Cover the bottom with parchment paper.
- 3In a bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- 4In another bowl, whisk with a mixer : oil, remaining sugar and vanilla until is it homogeneous. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until smooth. At low speed, incorporate dry ingredients alternating with the mixture of tomatoes.
- 5Distribute the batter in the pan. Cook in the oven about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 6Let cool. Unmold and let cool on a rack.
- 7Icing : In a bowl, with a mixer, cream the cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- 8Ice the cake.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake With Green Tomatoes and Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.3
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 222.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 59.4 g
- Protein 6.7 g