Cook1 hr 30 mins
A great way to use up leftover cake, or just to make all on their own. I found this at Cake Central and my family enjoys these a lot!
- Mix cake, water, oil and eggs and bake as directed on box.
- Place cooled cake or scraps into a bowl in large pieces.
- Using a fork, crumble the cake into a nice crumb.
- Crumbled cake will be soft and fluffy.
- Pour in liquid coffee creamer judging by eye, until a medium sized puddle forms.
- Put on decorator's/food safe gloves and begin mixing the crumb liquid mixture.
- The cake central site says to use gloved hands because it’s easier to get the feel of the mixture for consistency reasons rather then using a fork or spoon but you can use a fork or spoon if you’d prefer.
- Mix until a soft mushy dough forms.
- Once you get the mixture to the consistency you would like it, roll a small amount into a ball using the palms of your hands, or a cookie scoop, or a melon baller; anything will work for this.
- Place each ball on a platter.
- Place platter into the freezer for about 30-90 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate to be melted in a microwave safe bowl, microwave following melting directions.
- After removing platter from freezer, take one ball at a time, and roll it around in the melted chocolate with the help of a spoon.
- Place dipped balls back onto the parchment paper lined tray for drying.
- TIP: Store frozen – un-dipped – cake balls in an air tight container sealed with both lid and plastic wrap. Remove just before dipping to help the chocolate coating set.
- They are best served cold.
I was so excited to find this recipe. I bought a flavor of international delight creamer I didn't like salted Carmel mocha. I felt bad tossing it so I did an ingredient search and found this. I only had 7 oz left so I made half of a cake from devils food chocolate cake # 26370 which has coffee as an ingredient so it sounded like the perfect pair and it was! I made one 9in round. Then added 1oz of extra whipping cream I had left over to the creamer to make it half a cup, it didn't seem like a puddle when i poured it in so I added at least 1/3 cup more of the whipping cream, but wish I had not it was to mushy. Oh well atleast it still tasted awesome! Next time I will start mixing with hands before adding more liquid-still they were amazing just hard to make into a ball. Froze them then Dipped in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles! Huge hit! Thanks!