1/1 Photo of Cake Truffles
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A great way to use up leftover cake, or just to make all on their own. I found this at Cake Central and my family enjoys these a lot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cake, water, oil and eggs and bake as directed on box.
- 2Place cooled cake or scraps into a bowl in large pieces.
- 3Using a fork, crumble the cake into a nice crumb.
- 4Crumbled cake will be soft and fluffy.
- 5Pour in liquid coffee creamer judging by eye, until a medium sized puddle forms.
- 6Put on decorator's/food safe gloves and begin mixing the crumb liquid mixture.
- 7The cake central site says to use gloved hands because it’s easier to get the feel of the mixture for consistency reasons rather then using a fork or spoon but you can use a fork or spoon if you’d prefer.
- 8Mix until a soft mushy dough forms.
- 9Once you get the mixture to the consistency you would like it, roll a small amount into a ball using the palms of your hands, or a cookie scoop, or a melon baller; anything will work for this.
- 10Place each ball on a platter.
- 11Place platter into the freezer for about 30-90 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, place chocolate to be melted in a microwave safe bowl, microwave following melting directions.
- 13After removing platter from freezer, take one ball at a time, and roll it around in the melted chocolate with the help of a spoon.
- 14Place dipped balls back onto the parchment paper lined tray for drying.
- 15TIP: Store frozen – un-dipped – cake balls in an air tight container sealed with both lid and plastic wrap. Remove just before dipping to help the chocolate coating set.
- 16They are best served cold.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (1898 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 109.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g