Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe written on a piece of paper that was tucked in the middle of one of my SIL's cookbooks. I have no idea where she got it from. The ingredients resemble that of a "Hummingbird Cake".
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooking oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup walnut pieces or 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Make a well in center of the combined dry ingredients and add eggs, pineapple, oil, vanilla and bananas; stir.
- DON"T BEAT!
- Pour into greased tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 75 minutes or until cake tester inserted comes out clean.
I've been making a similar recipe like this one since 1961, but instead of mashing the bananas, I dice them and I only use 8 oz of crushed pineapple. Cool the cake without removing from the pan. We just sprinkle powdered sugar on the top.
This is a very nice cake .. I cut back on the oil (added milk) and sugar .. I used a cup of oil but next time I will use even less as I thought it was heavy .. Thanks for posting!
the flavor of this cake was wonderful, but it was a bit heavy...kind of a bit like banana bread texture..lol..I think maybe I should add a bit more b.powder next time Insha'Allah other wise it was really nice