Recipe by roja khan
Serve with Chai (tea) for Breakfast or as a Snack. Pakistani snack.
Top Review by *SimplyME*
I have to give this a 3 stars because it was missing the baking directions. I didn't realize they were missing until I was in the middle of kneading. I baked 2 loafs at 350 for 1 hour. It had a good taste overall. Made for PAC Spring 08.
- 8 cups all-purpose flour (Maida)
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water (lukewarm)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cardamom seeds (Ilaichi Daanay)
- 2 cups water (warm)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in the ½ lukewarm water. Stir in the 1 teaspoons of sugar, set aside for 1 hour.
- Mix the oil with the ¾ cup sugar; add eggs, salt and 2 cups of warm water and dissolved yeast. Then stir in flour and cardamom seeds and knead until smooth. Return to a bowl well greased with oil. Brush top with melted butter or oil. Cover, set aside in a warm place until dough rises double.
- Make out in loaves in a long pan (you may use aluminum ice cube trays, which makes about 5 loaves).
- Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375F and bake for a further 30- 40 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3-4 hours.
- Slice the loaf into thick pieces,.
- .Arrange the rusks in single layers on baking sheets and bake for a further 10- 15 minutes or until all moisture dries up. Cool and store in a airtight container.