Recipe by FROMPHILLY
I made these from playing around with the assistance of another recipe. The sauce was initally intended for roasted chicken but I used it for roasted carrots. It smelled so good while it was cooking, my husband came home and thought there was a cake in the oven, hence the name cake roasted carrots!! They come out soooo sweet and good, my 2 y/o son said they were candy carrots, YUM. All measurements are approximates and you can change to suit your taste.
- 16 ounces carrots (baby carrots in bag)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated not fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice (fresh or regular O.J.)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh or not)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread carrots evenly in an ungreased casserole dish (a small/medium size will do).
- Mix the honey, ginger, orange juice, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons melted butter.
- Pour the sauce over the carrots and bake uncovered for about an hour.
- Be sure to turn carrots about 4 times throughout the cooking time.